Contract Specialist - SaaS Company - Remote, US
Seeking a contract specialist with expertise in software contracting to join our growing team to make the web accessible to everyone!
Full time and Remote position in the US.
We are a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web. We work with enterprise-level organizations to ensure their sites and mobile apps are accessible. With over 475,000 extensions installed and 5,000 audit projects completed, our company is the industry standard.
About The Role
The ideal candidate will work closely with sales to close large volumes of commercial transactions through the negotiation process to signature. They will also coordinate with other internal stakeholders to ensure corporate contract guidelines are adhered to and risks are mitigated.
- Providing first-line review, revisions, and client-facing negotiations for SOWs, Services Agreements, SaaS Agreements, Software License Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements, NDAs, Change Orders, and Amendments
- Reviewing contractual documents to ensure compliance with company policy and alignment with risk tolerance thresholds
- Investigating high-risk areas and preparing a course of action or making recommendations to minimize exposure to risk, while still focusing on client requirements to close
- Ensuring internal stakeholder and client expectations are appropriately set, aligned, and managed throughout the contracting process and obtaining the necessary approvals
- Ensuring agreements are processed quickly and efficiently to ensure responsive turnaround to clients and within the department service level
- Assisting in continuously updating our contract playbooks of non-standard terms and conditions with associated business approvals and recommending process improvement
- Always acting with a sense of urgency to drive negotiations to closure
- Operating with significant autonomy and discretion in communicating with business clients and external customers.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating client-facing professional service, Software, and SaaS agreements on behalf of an IT services company with US Fortune 500 companies
- Knowledge of software licensing and SaaS and nuances of software and SaaS contracting
- Strong project management skills with autonomous responsibility for reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a broad range of standard commercial contracts, including adhering to stakeholder timelines, and meeting management skills
- Proficient in using a contract lifecycle management system, preferably Conga
- Proficient in the use of SalesForce
- Experience with US Federal Government and state and local government contracts
- Excellent business communication and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Google Docs equivalents, including document comparison, merging, change tracking, and redlining
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Why Work For Us
- Personal fulfillment our employees feel is unparalleled
- Our organizational structure is flat and welcoming
- We care deeply and practice humility
- Innovation with results that matter
- Get to work with the brightest minds in the industry and great support systems in place
- Competitive compensation and benefits