Consultant - Pyrovio Consulting - Remote
Are you constantly searching for improvements? Do you have experience in estimating software development projects? If yes, please keep reading!
We help organizations successfully develop and implement their strategies. We assist a diverse client base across all industries in meeting the demands of today’s challenging markets. The unique proprietary approach that we adopt has resulted in rapid growth of the company and its client base.
Our clients include Fortune 500 companies as well as multinational companies in all sectors: private, public, and government. We have performed engagements in the US and other countries.
About the Role
This position is for a Consultant with interest/experience in Process Improvement and estimating model experience for software development. The Consultant will work with diverse clients ranging from small and medium size enterprises to Fortune 100 firms to deliver process improvement initiatives. Engagements are usually longer in duration, which allows for the consultant to oversee the implementation of his/her process improvement recommendations.
Working in a team environment, this leader will develop, analyze, and optimize clients’ processes specifically for software development and estimating of software projects. The primary responsibilities of this role include coordinating process development activities within a client's organization, working with stakeholders to understand and map their business processes, develop a data model and repository for project estimates related to software development, experience with estimating both Agile and Waterfall. This role will be developing a new software project estimation tool and supporting implementing change across a large development organization.
Estimating models, performance reporting, and dashboard development will, at times, be a significant part of the client support. You will work with a team to define and develop the proper key performance indicators (KPI) that will guide leadership decisions. You will be asked to deliver value on process design, improvement initiatives, assisting our clients to identify business needs, focused solutions, and realize those solutions by implementing effective business processes.
The Consultant will perform the following job responsibilities in addition to others as required for each project:
- Manages and implements process improvement initiatives within their assigned projects.
- The Consultant is the primary resource to project teams in support of all process improvement initiatives. The Consultant will work with the project team and interact with the client to do process mapping, flow design, and analysis to identify process improvement requirements.
- The Consultant will be responsible for the implementation of process improvements, estimating model development, historical repository development and recommendations with the client and work with other consultants to coordinate all facets of process improvement initiatives.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators for the current state, and track KPIs during and after implementation of process improvement recommendations.
- Mentor and coach team members on the fundamentals of business process modeling, software development estimating, Six Sigma, business process engineering, and similar areas of knowledge.
- Develop new knowledge in process improvement to support our client initiatives.
- Experience managing a client through changes.
- Experience working with three point models, bottom-up models, use case models and optionally parametric models.
- Undergraduate Degree in technical field with two years of professional experience, or Graduate Degree, or equivalent in combination of education and/or experience.
- Strong skills in presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using process improvement tools and techniques to drive organizational change.
- Experience in data analytics, data presentation, and KPI/dashboard development.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
- Typically, 50 to 75, depending on the assignment.
- Position is remote, but applicants in the commuting distance of Ann Arbor, MI preferred.