Construction Expert - Pyramid Consulting - Western PA
Are you passionate about lean construction and have knowledge of last planner systems? If so, this is the opportunity for you!
About the Company
At Pyramid Consulting International we help organizations successfully develop and implement their strategies. We assist a diverse client base across all industries in meeting the demands of today’s challenging markets. The unique proprietary approach that we adopt has resulted in rapid growth of the company and its client base.
Our clients include Fortune 500 companies as well as multi-national companies in all sectors: private, public, and government. We have performed engagements in the US and other countries.
About the Role
The Construction Expert applicant is a highly experienced individual who has had a career in the construction industry [preferably utilities/transmission]. He/she will be responsible for enhancing the client understanding and execution of last planner system (lean construction) concepts. The goal of this is to build in last planner system concepts into daily construction routines at select client worksites.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Share and educate construction team members on the principles of last planner system, look ahead schedules, weekly work plan, percent plan complete, increased site visualization, daily huddles, 5S, among other construction methods
- Document current state problems and understand root causes of construction inefficiencies and errors
- Structure work plan to accomplish construction process improvement objective
- Facilitate discussions towards implementing construction process improvements, collect feedback, pilot solutions, and develop recommendations
- Provide feedback on cross function relationship between construction and supporting functions, including procurement, project management, finance, etc.
- Manage stakeholder communication, including construction management leadership
- Act as a liaison between the client and Pyramid Consulting International
- Master’s degree or work equivalent in Construction Technology Management, Construction Management, or Construction Engineering.
- Strong field experience in Construction Management in a heavy industry
- Significant experience in the Electrical Transmission industry
- Familiar with construction best practices, lean construction, and other construction process improvement tools.
- Familiarity with scheduling software
- Proficient in MS Suite of software
- Expect 50% to 75% of the time commuting to construction sites, with minimal overnight stays