Clinical Social Worker (With In-House MIHP) - Corner Health Center - Ypsilanti
Are you an innovative social worker interested in working with young adults and young parents? If so, read on!
The Corner Health Center is Michigan's first, largest and most comprehensive adolescent and young adult health center. The Corner serves young people ages 12 through 25, and has nearly 40 years of experience providing care to individuals with complex needs. As a nonprofit organization, the Corner provides integrated primary and mental health care in a culture of dignity and respect, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay for care.
The Corner Health Center has an immediate opening for a Clinical Social Worker with In-Clinic Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) appointments. The Clinical Social Worker functions as part of an integrated health model collaborating with medical providers to engage patients in supportive and behavioral health services. This role also includes providing intakes, discharges, and interventions as part of an interdisciplinary team in our In-Office Maternal Infant Health Program. MIHP training will be provided. All visits take place at the Corner Health Center. The candidate must like working with young people, possess excellent communication skills, enjoy teamwork and working with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Provides individual therapy to youth, young adults, and their families
- Conducts psycho-social evaluations, develops treatments plans, graduations plans and safety plans as needed
- Contributes to the overall health and well-being of the organization
- Serves as Social Worker on multi-disciplinary MIHP team (includes social work, nutrition and nursing) – MIHP visits are In-Clinic; There are no home visits associated with this position
- Maintains consistent and thorough documentation, timely records and accurate billing
- Functions as a vital member of the Social Work team
- State of Michigan Limited License Masters of Social Work
- Experience in a therapeutic setting working with adolescents and young adults, preferably, diverse and underserved populations
- Experience working with families
- Expertise in cognitive behavioral therapy
- Strong computer skills
- State license LMSW
- Proficiency in electronic health records is preferred
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Experience/service in a community health/ medical setting
- Experience working with young mothers
Benefits include accrued PTO, health insurance, FSA, paid holidays, and optional employee-paid dental insurance and retirement fund.
The Corner’s mission is to inspire 12- to 25-year-olds (and their children) to achieve and sustain healthy lives by providing judgment-free, affordable health and wellness care and education.
At the Corner, we offer a full range of health care, mental health and supportive services for young people as they transition to adulthood. Corner staff—including physicians, nurses, psychiatrists, social workers, nutritionists and health educators—is well versed in young people's unique needs. We provide our services to young people regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay for care.
No phone inquiries please.
The Corner Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.