Chief Administrative Officer - Deque Systems - Ann Arbor
If you are looking for a position where you can make an immeasurable difference in the lives of others - please read on!
Deque is the leader in Digital Accessibility. Digital Accessibility is the practice of making digital documents, web and mobile apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. Many people with visual, auditory, motor, speech or cognitive disabilities rely on various forms of assistive technology or usability features to experience the full benefit the web has to offer. The Tools, Services and Training we offer, help our clients build, test and maintain accessible experiences. Getting paid to do what you love is something a lot of employers can offer. Getting paid to do what you love, doing something that makes an immeasurable difference in someone’s life is much harder to come by. This is what working at Deque offers.
Everyone on the Deque Team shares a passion for providing equal access to the web regardless of ability. We have helped develop international accessibility guidelines in W3C working groups, and many of our Subject Matter Experts spent years working inside large Fortune 500 companies on accessibility before joining the Deque team.
Deque is filled with incredibly smart, talented, and interesting people. But what makes Deque special, is how deeply everyone here cares about digital equality and helping persons with disabilities use the web. At the heart of it all people matter, and that is why we do what we do.
About the opportunity:
To support its growth, Deque is looking for the newly created position of Chief Administrative Officer. As a part of the Executive Team, the CAO will lead Human Resources, Accounting, Customer Contracting, Facilities, and internal IT teams.
To enable the company to continue to grow while maintaining its unique culture and efficiency, the CAO will design and implement processes to support all other functions in delivering a premium customer experience and excellent value. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Establish management reporting for key financial metrics and other leading indicators to help inform the management team about the company’s performance against targets and to flag issues promptly
- Establish budgets and supporting reporting mechanisms to enable distributed financial decision-making while maintaining clear accountability
- Identify and fix the gaps and bottlenecks in the company’s information systems to enable the company to scale and operate efficiently
- Oversee the technology infrastructure necessary to support a distributed workforce
- Develop a talent pipeline to ensure access to high-quality talent when required
- Ensure that Deque continues to offer competitive employee benefits and attractive compensation packages
- Establish policies to ensure compliance with employment law
- Provide oversight to the contract specialists to ensure that the process of contracting with customers is efficient and within the bounds of company policies
- Manage leasing and maintenance of facilities, and the purchasing of supplies, equipment, benefits providers, and other services
You have deep expertise with administrative functions. You have knowledge of customer contracts such as license and services agreements. You have strong financial acumen. You are excited about the mission of Deque and working in a distributed organization in multiple time zones and countries.