Business Analyst - Wellspring - Remote
Are you familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle, have experience writing SQL queries and are seeking a collaborative and team oriented environment? If so, this Business Analyst position is for you!
About the Company
Wellspring is the leading provider of software tools to manage R&D and technology commercialization. Our suite of web-based software manages the transformation of scientific discoveries into real world products. We work with clients to accelerate the pace of innovation at premier research universities, R&D groups at Fortune 500 companies, and leading medical institutions. Wellspring also operates Flintbox®, the largest online marketplace for inventions emerging from research labs around the world.
About the Opportunity
As a Business Analyst at Wellspring, you will collaborate closely with project management, software engineering and client services teams to manage creative solutions to real-world customer demands. You will develop detailed project rationales and specifications for custom development projects. Understand client goals, operational and timing constraints, and work with clients and internal stakeholders as needed to design, scope, plan and deliver the functionality. We are looking for energetic and motivated individuals ready to join our top-notch project management team and take on the exciting challenges in the ongoing management of client and internal software projects.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Work closely with project teams to discover and analyze project requirements, design solutions and execute plans.
- Meet with clients to document requirements and understand needs.
- Attend project planning (agile) and retrospective meetings.
- Perform data analysis to inform design requirements, support reporting needs, and investigate problems.
- Manage the schedule of development projects with JIRA to ensure timely release of the product.
- Integrate closely with QA team to deliver high quality software.
- Assist with acceptance testing, and troubleshoot issues.
- Support complex issue investigation and custom reports from client services team.
- Desire and ability to learn and thrive in complex problem domains.
- Exceptional ability to analyze, predict, prevent and solve problems.
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working with MySQL or PostgreSQL; ability to write SQL queries.
- Experience with APIs, familiarity with tools such as Postman, Swagger, etc.
- Proven ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate with clients and listen to needs.
- Experience working with SaaS software or software development.
Why Work for Us
- Amazing potential for growth
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, Dental & vision
Wellspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.