Entry-Level Strategy & Innovation Consulting - Great Lakes GrowthWorks - Ann Arbor, MI
Entry-Level Strategy & Innovation Consulting
Great Lakes GrowthWorks Ann Arbor, MI Hybrid-Remote
Are you an intellectually curious thinker who can handle deep analysis while still bringing creativity and big-picture problem solving to a challenge? Are teamwork and collaboration important to you, even in a remote work situation? Can you juggle a range of activities in a fast-paced environment?
We are looking for a motivated team player with these traits, 0-2 years of work experience, and a true interest in marketing strategy and consumer insights to join our growing consulting firm. 2022 spring college grads welcome.
GrowthWorks is a growing innovation and growth strategy consultancy. Our clients – from emerging startups to Fortune 100 firms to nonprofit organizations – come to us for help across a range of challenges:
- Business Strategy: Planning , Business Models, Commercialization, Expansion
- Innovation Strategy: Platforms, New Products/Services Development, Roadmaps
- Brand Strategy: Positioning, Value Proposition, Brand Identity
- Market Intelligence: Qualitative & Quantitative Research, Future Scenario Mapping
We bring particular expertise in identifying game-changing disruption and mapping opportunities for clients that they can leverage for transformative growth. Our belief is that helping clients thrive on a significant enough scale will enable them to support positive social impact and make a difference in the world.
About the Role
The Analyst position at GrowthWorks offers the opportunity to manage an extensive scope of responsibilities in a fast-paced consulting environment, helping clients tackle complex business problems. From the start, Analysts interact closely with GrowthWorks senior management and are expected to work regularly with client teams from a variety of industries, across a range of job responsibilities:
- Data Analysis: Gather and interpret information from a variety of sources to analyze and “connect the dots” across data points, providing clear insights and implications; Includes competitive, category, market disruption, financial, and other business analyses
- Consumer Research: Design, coordinate, and analyze qualitative and quantitative consumer studies, working with outside suppliers as needed to field research and write insightful reports
- Innovation: Assist with concept development and innovation pipeline projects by helping plan and execute ideation sessions with clients and co-creation research with consumers
- Strategic Planning: Support strategic planning projects and client sessions
- Report Creation: Deliver findings via a range of formats, including topline summaries and/or comprehensive PowerPoint presentations
Our ideal candidate is eager and hungry for a challenge and excited about the opportunity to work for a small, well-respected consulting firm filled with caring, collaborative people. We are looking for someone with the following traits and experiences to join us on the journey:
- 0-2 years of experience (or coursework) in marketing, brand management, research, or innovation/strategy consulting; past internships count
- Strong academic background, minimum BBA, BA, or BS degree
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities; a creative, “big idea" thinker
- An overall understanding of current business trends and challenges
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- A self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively; willingness to learn and stretch thinking
- Strong work ethic and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple, sometimes unpredictable projects
- Well-versed in business applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Google Suite, Miro)
We will give you the training and support to succeed but expect you to dive in and get up to speed quickly. If this describes you, we'd really like to hear from you!
Please attach a cover letter (required) detailing why you are right for this role.
Location, Work Requirements, and Travel
We are operating under a “hybrid remote” system, with employees working remotely or from our Ann Arbor, MI headquarters. We will consider all qualified remote candidates but are especially interested in candidates living in Ann Arbor, MI, northern Michigan (Traverse City area), Chicago, or New York. Several in-person events at the Ann Arbor office will be required throughout the year; employees will be expected to attend, at company expense. Prior to COVID-19, the Analyst position required approximately 10-20% travel to major US markets, with trips typically lasting 1-3 days. At this time, all travel is TBD on a project-by-project basis, but is eventually expected to resume.