Behavioral Health Manager - Corner Health Center - Ypsilanti
Do you have experience in a therapeutic environment counseling and treating substance abuse? Come to the Corner Health Center and supervise our team of social workers and therapists to improve patient care!
About Corner Health Center
We are a comprehensive adolescent and young adult health center committed to offering a full range of health care, mental health and other supportive services for young people. We provide judgment -free, high-quality, affordable health services to young people ages 12 to 25. Services are available regardless of ability to pay.
The staff at Corner Health Center has a deep understanding and appreciation of the unique needs of young people and we welcome all regardless of race, religious affiliation, gender or gender identity. All LGBTQ+ people are warmly welcomed for our services.
About the Role
As the Behavioral Health Manager you support this mission by supervising the Social Work/Therapist Team, coordinating patient care with the medical team, tracking and maintaining records to support and improve continuity of care and quality of programs, and serving a client base of 16 patients per week. In addition, the BHM will work with Corner leadership and outreach staff to determine and lead community behavioral health service delivery.
The successful candidate will have a passion for serving our client base along with demonstrated experience delivering therapy and supervising staff in a clinical setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Social Work Team, including LLMSWs and LMSWs, with goals, expectations, one-on-one coaching, and any other team needs
- Facilitate weekly Social Work Team Meetings and follow up with action steps, including coordinating continuing education trainings and updating the team on internal policies and general updates
- Identify Program Improvement needs
- Gather data and coordinate reports for program improvement needs
- Explore and implement Therapy Groups (when applicable)
- Assist in establishing & maintaining positive relationships between Providers and Social Work Team
- Track no-show appointments to support and improve continuity of care and treatment
- Keep uniform records by reviewing and auditing patient files
- Evaluate Staff Performance
- Monitor team’s productivity, daily task completion, review process, disciplinary actions, performance enhancement plans, and follows up with clinicians when they are not meeting expectations
- Responsible for mentoring and delivering feedback to Social Workers on the quality of their services and meeting the time frame standards for documentation
- Monitor team’s daily encounters and scheduling of regular appointments in order to meet productivity goals
- Meet with team members on a regularly scheduled basis to address concerns and resolve problems; seeks support from management team on higher level matters
- Assist with handling patient complaints related to services provided by a member of their team
- Provide support with interventions as needed by assessments urgent patient care needs, processing patient intakes, and conducting the Warm Hand-Off Process to provide immediate care
- Assist with maintaining/moving the Social Work Load
- Assign new patients to a therapist.
- Maintain patient count for each therapist, including records on level of care (length of service, how often service is needed, etc.), discharges (when to), and follow up, with number of sessions allowed per insurance
- Supports Social Workers with problem solving everyday issues
- Encourages Social Workers to pursue a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care by making cross-referrals to medical services
- Maintain a patient load of 16 patients per week
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary care team member for complex cases for coordination of care
- Participate in all required meetings and collaborates with other departments as needed
- Works on special projects, presentations, and trainings related to the Behavioral Health Department as assigned
- Identify essential patient resources and referrals for those that experience a crisis or in need of higher level of care
- Perform additional duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- Fully licensed Master Social Worker from the Michigan Department of Consumer and Industry Services
- Master’s Degree
- Previous experience counseling/treating substance abuse
- Provides therapeutic environment/relationship to client
- Manages and provides supportive and productive environment for Social Worker
- Assures appropriate care for clients
- Demonstrates effective communication with clients, staff, and other disciplines.
Working Conditions/Special Conditions
Patient care environment; frequent exposure to body fluids, infectious disease and potentially hazardous chemicals.
Please note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed.