Analytical Chemist / Assay Development - Arborsense - Ann Arbor, MI
Would you be excited to work for a start-up that offers an opportunity to develop new technology and offers amazing growth opportunity? If so, please read on!
Arborsense Inc. is an Ann Arbor based startup developing rapid, sensitive and non-invasive bio-monitors for healthcare applications. These bio-monitors are based on Arborsense’s patented nano sensor technology that allows for the detection of chemical and biological species that transmit through the skin along with sweat.
About The Job
We are looking for an individual to join the team to work on a sweat-based drug and opioid detector. The primary focus of this position will be to design, develop, and optimize different immunodiagnostic assay experiments for a microfluidic device. This is an opportunity to join and grow with a start-up that offers a unique solution to a wide variety of healthcare customers!
- Performs a variety of sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure drug/opioid in a variety of biological matrices.
- A solid understanding of ELISA for performing/validating qualitative and quantitative assays
- Ability to integrate the chemistry with the engineering solutions to develop novel ELISA/LFA product
- Opportunity to be involved in design and simulation of other wearable bio-monitors in development
- M.S. degree with /Ph.D. in related field preferred
- Proficiency in Analytical biochemistry assays is a must
- Experience /knowledge of Lateral flow immunoassay (LFIA) is a plus
- Self-Motivated with Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Medical, Vision and Dental insurance benefits
The candidate must be authorized to work in the US. OPT/CPT accepted.