Accountant Consultant - Corporate F.A.C.T.S - Plymouth
Do you have the desire to utilize your financial skills to help a variety of non-profit and for-profit organizations? If so, read on!
Corporate F.A.C.T.S., Inc. provides high-impact financial, strategic and training solutions.
Started in 2002, Corporate F.A.C.T.S. (C-FACTS) is a minority and woman-owned strategic planning and financial advisory firm that helps clients build strong, vibrant communities. We specialize in neighborhood investment planning, organizational program design and assessment, real estate financing and financial management.
About the role:
As a financial management consultant, you will have the opportunity to grow in a fast-paced, highly demanding and entrepreneurial consulting environment. We are seeking a team member to play a key role in providing financial and accounting services to a portfolio of government and non-profit clients. Together with our team of qualified professionals, you will assist clients in improving financial performance, building financial management capacity and increasing financial health. You will manage multiple client relationships and projects to achieve revenue goals mutually developed with CEO. You will:
- Lead accounting and financial management projects for one or more government or non-profit clients, primarily in the community development industry. Provide financial management training to leaders and staff of non-profit organizations and state/local government agencies, to enhance clients’ financial performance .
- Perform assessments to determine client capacity building needs, make recommendations for improvement and assist with implementation. Build strong accounting systems, create complex budgets, produce cash flow forecasts, establish indirect cost rates, and design effective internal controls.
- Conduct reviews of financially distressed client organizations and/or real estate portfolios. Analyze financial statements and identify causes of poor financial performance. Develop recommendations to improve fiscal conditions. Present assessment findings and recommendations to interested parties.
- Establish and maintain strategic alliances with key clients or consulting team members. Keep abreast of industry trends, best practices, financial standards, ratios, and other indicators. Provide financial advice and support to senior management and Board of Directors of clients.
- Manage budgets, and work plans, .
- Identify and pursue potential business opportunities. Contribute to the development and achievement of goals and objectives for Corporate FACTS growth and diversification.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field. CPA, CMA or relevant graduate degree.
- Substantial work in accounting or financial management . Minimum five years of experience performing financial management functions.
- Knowledge of federal OMB Uniform Guidance and understanding of HUD federal funding rules, regulations and systems.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles particularly in the non-profit and government industries.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to work compassionately with clients in distressed financial condition or in stressed environments.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and maintaining strong relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with clients and colleagues, present financial information, and write cohesive reports for audiences with varying degrees of financial expertise.
- Grant management experience. Prepares monthly grant/contract billing requests.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with government agencies or non-profits in the community development industry, or in real estate development.
- QuickBooks, SAP and/or Yardi experience.